Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blog!

I was asked "what is blogging?" and "what's the point?". Let me try to enlighten you and maybe give some insight into the woman that I am.

Merriam-Webster has this to say:
Pronunciation: 'blog, 'bl├Ąg
Function: noun
Etymology: short for Weblog
: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer

That defines blog and begins my first reason for blogging, I wanted to write a journal. I've started numerous "hard copies" and they sit collecting dust. I get so bogged down in how my handwriting has gone to hell in a hand basket that I can't bear to continue writing. So I started a document on the computer, safely saved away, never to hear the click of "open file" again. It's about accountability. Being online, I know 3 people who will read my blog daily so it motivates me to keep this online journal. This brings me to point number 2.

Since at least 3 people will read this and won't hesitate to critique my writings, I am ever diligent about content, grammar and just plain puttin' on a good show! I actually like to write and this affords me ample opportunities to be witty (I try), honest, humble and possibly pass on information.

Number 3 has to do with being technologically challenged. What better way to conquer this than by immersing oneself in the problem and figuring it out.

And lastly, friends and family can keep up to date on our latest happenings in between visits and phone calls. I love sharing the antics of my boys and their artwork and masterpieces

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.