Friday, March 16, 2012

It's back, I think.

My computer is fixed.  BN ended up installing a new hard drive and it seems to be working just fine.

But I don't trust it.  I'm finding it hard to be on here without my shoulders going up in that tense anticipation one gets before a firecracker goes off.

And in my techno-ignorance, I don't really know if I can trust this laptop anymore.

I was watching t.v. with BN last night while he continued installing drivers (whatever they are) onto this thing and a commercial came on for online computer issue help.  It started with a guy standing in front of a pile of old computers and asked if your computer needed to be in this pile and I was steadily shaking my head. 

I was secretly hoping BN couldn't fix the durn thing and I'd happily march off to the Apple store and acquire a shiny new one.  And buy one of the really pretty neoprene sleeves that won't fit this one. 

Phooey to Windows or IBM compats or whatever these are called.

But I guess I won't lose anything by blogging.  It's online afterall.  In the netherland I don't comprehend.

BTW, I am so happy with this weather.  80s rock!

~R

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I would do if my computer broke. Probably cry. haha - sometimes I think it would be nice to have laptop - that way I could check it anywhere AND take it with me...but do I really need to be that "hooked" in? no...and why get a laptop when they have the smart phones.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.