Sunday, March 11, 2012

My laptop broke.

Early last week, I opened my laptop to a message that read, "no operating system can be found".

BN has been trying every trick in the book but I may not be able to retrieve my stuff. If that is true, I'll lose all my pictures for about six months - which means Christmas and both boys' birthdays. It means a whole lot of other pictures that I can live without but would rather not.

It means all if my bookmarks. And all of my documents. It means all of the old pictures I recently scanned in. While I can always do that again, it took forever and meant a lot to BN since they were of his family and childhood.

But in the grand scheme of life, it's a small nuisance...although one I wish I didn't have.

~R

I think I finally learned my lesson about backing things up. I'll be doing it in triplicate from now on.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the pity, Sara. I needed it. :o)

      Delete
  2. There are companie$ that will retrieve that for you. I would encourage you to look into. Birthday pictures are priceless and it would be well worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel sorry for what happened. I guess it’s time for you to create a backup system just to be sure. Haven’t you tried using external hard drives? Those are pretty handy and are quite cheap, and by the way, make it a habit to scan your laptop for viruses. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you were able to retrieve all your documents, especially those photos. And yes, make sure you back-up your data, whether in the form of an external hard drive or a cloud-based backup system.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.