Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July

I can't believe I am saying this again, but I can't believe I just posted the title "April" and it's already July.  Apparently this has become a quarterly blog.

The summer is flying by and the boys and I have been busy.  I've managed to get all of our school requirements done, with the help of a good friend, to appease the government gods.  I also managed to gather all my materials and organize them so that we can start school in the near future.  I had planned to start this week, but real life is so much fun that the books have been pushed to the back of the shelf and we'll try again on Monday.

We've had lots of visitors already and we've done a fair share of visiting.  Recently, we attended my family reunion in NC and then we headed northwest from there back into VA to bike an old rail trail.  New River Trail Park, in Galax, VA is beautiful.  Thankfully the weather was perfect.  Poor little RePete couldn't hang for the long haul but he finished with a very respectable 8 miles.  Not bad for a 6 year old.  BN took Pete and my nephew T-bone a little further and then turned around so RePete and I wouldn't have to wait too long.



Other than that, we've been visiting with local friends, hanging out at the pool and I've been hanging out at the gym on a regular basis.  All positive things.

~R

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good summer so far. We have a long rail trail in BC called the Kettle Valley Rail Trail. We know a couple who wrote a book on cycling the trail which is 'the book' people read when considering the trip. I haven't done it; more of a cycle touring on highways type of person.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.