Thursday, May 8, 2008

Haircut, Beach and Soccer

What do those things have in common? They were my Wednesday activities.
My sister was able to spend most of the day with us afterall (remember all the whining I did?) and so she watched the boys while I got a much needed haircut and bought new lip gloss. Funny how something as simples a lip gloss makes you feel good.

And then we went to the beach for a few hours after my nephew was released from prison got out of school. The time of day was perfect. UV factor way down, still really warm, waves calm and lighting perfect. I took my camera and took many pictures of everyone. Apparently, others had the same idea, because there were several "pros" out there doing family photo shoots.

After the beach, we stopped at Mr Jims for some grub en route to my nephew's soccer game. Normally I would have made everyone shower before getting in the car but the showers weren't on yet we didn't have a lot of time. So I'll share my most favorite trick for getting sand off. Baby Powder. When the skin dries and the sand is still all stuck in every nook and cranny of your fingers and toes and everywhere in between, just sprinkle on the powder and gently brush the sand away. It literally falls off. Quite amazing really and I wonder why I only learned of this last year. Sand is my number one reason for not going to the beach so much. Now? As often as we can.

T-bone's team won their game. Woohoo. This year he played on the rec team since he missed the tryouts for the school team and let me say that the boy is a star. He's a star anyway, but next to the other kids playing, he really shines. *forgive my snickering* It was almost painful to watch but at the same time it was enjoyable because on the rec teams, everyone gets to play and you could see how much fun they all had. Hopefully, next year, T-bone will make the school team and we'll get to see some real action on the field.

Anyway, it was a busy day, it helped me get through day 4 of the hubs being gone and now we are on the shorter countdown to not only BN's coming home, but our postponed and much needed vacation.
Here's a few pics of a little birdie at the beach. I loved his reflection in the surf. It's a Semipalmated Plover. Wow! I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Which is strange cause I have no idea. I'm starting my quest to be a bonafide birder and it's slow going. Those little suckers are so fast it's hard to get a nice shot and they all have so many stripes and caps and beak lengths and etc etc so it's hard to figure them all out. Luckily, we were at the beach to catch this one during his migration. I could not find a picture to ID him in our little pocket guide, but found this fabulous site for identifying birds.
Oh, here's the site: http://www.whatbird.com/
~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.