Friday, June 20, 2008

RePete's Pet

We went to Sonic yesterday and RePete got this bug catcher in his meal. Thankfully, the bugs did not come with it!

At my sister's house, he caught a bug and showed it to me. It's a beetle.



Repete: Mom, Mom, Mom (his new speech thing), I have a pet.

Me: Really (resisting urge to say it two more times), what's its name?

RePete: Bug.

Me: Oh that's great!

RePete: Look at his little head. It's tiny.

Me: Yep, it's a beetle.

RePete: Oh. He's my pet.

At this point my sister and I, and later BN and I, laugh our asses off (when he can't hear us of course) as we borrow lines from "Dumb and Dumber". "Pretty bird", we say as we stroke an imaginary bird head.

I forgot to mention that the beetle was dead. I love that kid.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.