Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well, crap, time flies

when I am having fun.

Movie update. Slept until the mean vampires tried to snatch Bella. I mean how many times can you watch those two stare at each other or better (worse) yet, watch Bella flutter her eyelashes in confusion. Books? Much better. In fact I find myself thinking about reading and then remember, I'm done with them and slump my shoulders a bit. Oh well, good thing I have other things to occupy my time.

Like Cinnamon-Applesauce Ornaments.

Here's the cast of characters: (including my helper Repete)

dsc03874

Mix 1 cup applesauce with 8 oz cinnamon in a bowl until combined. I also add a few pinches of clove. I like mine extra smelly. Mmmm.

dsc03877

It'll look a bit like this...poop-ish...

dsc03879

Form into a ball for rolling and then roll to 1/4 inch in thickness.

dsc03886

Have your best helper ever cut out little gingerbread men or stars or trees or fish or whatever...

dsc03888

Then have him cut holes for the ribbon using a straw...

dsc03889

You can air dry these in place for 1-2 days or pop them in the oven on 250 degrees for a bit. (10-15 minutes) Just check them for dryness because I don't watch the clock. Oh and be careful when you open the oven door. The poof of cinnamon smell will just about knock you over. No lie.

Once dry, hang them on your tree for cinnamon-y goodness all season long or share them with friends. I also use non-Christmas shapes and my friends hang them in the kitchen for good smells all year long. After a few years, rub them with a bit of clove oil to "freshen" them right back up.

dsc03909

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.