Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Iscream for Icecream

At dinner tonight, Pete said he was too full to eat anymore.

Let me backtrack. Pete was outside playing with friends and had to come inside for dinner.

So Pete is too full and to clarify this point to us he said, "Even if there was ice cream in the freezer right now, I wouldn't even want that because I am too full."

BN and I said okay fine, go outside and have fun but remember that you get nothing else later. (This is a pitiful bluff because both boys know that if they feign hunger, I feed!)

So Pete runs outside and not 10 minutes later he runs back inside and says, "I want to get ice cream from the ice cream truck and I'll even use my own money. Pleeeaase."

So much for being full.

We told him no.

Boys - 1846, Us - 1.

That's, right. We bad. Ahem.

~R

5 comments:

  1. Funny how that ice cream hunger can sneak up on a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...he reminds me of someone. Me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! Totally sounds like one of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Go mom!

    This all sounds strangely familiar, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. my dad said there was a sign in St Louis MO (at least I think that is where he was) .. that went

    I scream, you scream, we all scream ... for Roselle's Ice Cream.

    We had a daughter that just needed to burp. Then she could usually finish her plate.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.