Saturday, October 20, 2007

Glue habit and tape

It's every Mother's nightmare. My son has a glue habit.

Don't worry, his habit involves hot glue. It has become THE answer for whatever happens in our home. "Mom, my lego Annikan's head won't stay on anymore. Can I get the hot glue gun?" or "Mom, I want to stick Darth Sidius to my bed so he won't fall off when we are sleeping. Can I get the hot glue gun?" and other such needs. I had to put my foot down when he wanted to use hot glue for construction paper and made him get his glue sticks.

It's BN's fault. When the boys hung and swung on the doors to our tv cabinet and the screws no longer stayed put and BN used wood putty but they still came out when the boys hung and swung, he then got the bright idea to use Gorilla glue and those doors aren't going anywhere now. So anytime something breaks around the house, I say, "Honey, I don't know what happened. I was opening the cabinet to look for chocolate and couldn't find any and the cabinet door came off in my hand. Can I get the Gorilla glue?" or "Honey, Repete figured out all by himself that swinging on the storm door was a whole lot of fun and now it makes this cracking noise when it closes. Can I get the Gorilla glue?"

And tape. Who knew it had so many uses. In fact, I think the only time I've ever used tape is to wrap presents. Pete mummifies his action figures, legos and anything else it will stick to. And if you need your envelopes secured, Pete's your man. Although you may have to pay extra postage.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.