Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jammin' in the car

Memory Bank 1993. Red Hot Chili Peppers, San Diego...good times,,,good times!

On the way to our Homeschool Bowling League, we were rockin' out to RHCP and Pete reveals his new talent. Before I reveal it let me give you a clue or two. He doesn't need lessons (I don't think?), he doesn't need an instrument and I think he'll be one of only a handful of professionals who do this. Okay so that is 3 but let me continue.

I'm dreaming of the day we sell our home and have the room for me to purchase a piano. I daydream about Pete and RePete sitting on the bench with perfect posture playing beautiful music much to the delight of all of our family and friends at Christmastime. I also hope I get a lesson or two so that I can play a song, something besides the theme from "The Young and the Restless" which I taught myself at the ripe old age of 7.

Or maybe Pete and RePete will go on tour with me and their Dad. Nevermind that our band will consist of 3 drumsets (the boys) and me on the piano or maybe the tambourine. I've been practicing on the Fisher Price one for years.

But Pete's talent doesn't require a piano and nevermind the kid size drum sets to jam along side Dad. Pete's talent is SNAPPING! He snapped right along with RHCP, to the vocals as best I can tell.

Now if you just can't wrap your little brain around just how cool this can be, take a gander at this video clip or listen to this guy. I just Googled those and can't wait to show Pete tomorrow. You know, give him something to strive for, give him a purpose. I think we can still make the family band work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.