Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Update - 4/22/11

In my life this week...I rejoined the Y.  We've been Y members off and on for the past 11 years.  I think it'll last this time because the boys are older and are more interested in going.  The daycare is great but they've been too big for that for a while now, even though the age limit is 8.  RePete is very excited that at 7, he's old enough to go to the game room.  And Pete actually likes to work out sometimes.  So I'm hoping that I can get my workouts done during the day since the boys will be occupied rather than having to go at other times at which I am prone to fail.

In our homeschool this week...Just a normal week here.  No theater on Wednesday and no co-op on Thursday. Ahhh!  I feel relaxation coming my way.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We have no plans to go anywhere or see anyone.  I like it.

My favorite thing this week was...Wow, this is getting redundant but I enjoyed the peace and quiet.  The stress of getting from here to there has been removed and I'm feeling calmer.

What's working/not working for us...We are switching theater groups.  The one Pete has been attending is quite a drive for us.  It also was a class added in at the request of homeschoolers.  As such, it has been treated like a step-child.  There is no promoting, the sets don't match our plays.  The other classes all do a version of the same play.  For example, the winter theme was Winnie the Pooh.  Each of the evening and Saturday classes all did this play and tailored it to the ages of the students. The set was painted with trees and honeybees. Our homeschool kids meet on Wed morning and our play was The Fisherman and His Wife.  Um, not quite the same theme here.  But we pay the same price per class, meet just as long and the kids work just as hard.  In fact, our kids actually memorize their lines.  Go figure.  So, we've decided to move Pete out of this class and luckily, through friends, we've found closer theater groups that fit the bill.  Looking forward to giving Pete the limelight he deserves.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...Both boys will attend camp this summer.  Pete is scheduled for a two week theater camp and Pete will do two weeks at gymnastics.  I have a lot of thinking to do about what I will do for two weeks.  Oh the possibilities.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.