Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Laptop

I got a new laptop.  RePete broke my old one a few years ago and I just couldn't justify buying another - although I pined for one.

This year I decided I could justify it.  My photos are taking up all the available space on our home computer.  Add Pete's *films to the gigabytes* have officially overloaded the Mac.

Between being able to move my photos here and having the mobility to work on them while the kids are in co-op and being able to bring school work with us, I bought one.  What I couldn't justify was the price of a new Mac, so it's old school for me.  Windows?  I am having to reteach myself what that means.  Are they still called IBM compatibles?  Mine is a Sony VAIO.

I miss the Mac. I miss my comfort level and I don't like that every time I turn this thing on or off, updates have to load before either happens.  What happened between yesterday and today that is so important that it just has to be uploaded?  You'd think that as long as Windows has been out, it'd be a done deal by now.  I can't figure it out.

The other learning curve is that I no longer have Adobe Bridge.  I use it on the Mac to organize my photos.  It was left over from when I had PhotoShop CS3.  Now I use Elements because I just don't need all the bells and whistles on PS.

Elements 9 has its own organizer and while I like it, it has bugs, I think.  Every so often it quits on me.  Or is it Windows fault?  I have no clue.  My technologically challenged brain can't comprehend these happenings.

Which begs an answer to why I think I can scrapbook on the computer?  Circle cutters anyone?

~R









No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.