Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's been a good day.

Things that made it that way:

  • I finally finished reading all the FM posts. Phew, I'm tired. THANKS to everyone who stopped by and who played.
  • I finally mailed the package I tried to mail yesterday - and there are no fist fights to report.
  • I finally cleaned my bathrooms after I think a month of not cleaning them. Because of course, nobody else in this house would even think about it.
  • I finally swept under my washer and dryer AND swept and mopped the kitchen floor. Again, the month thing is feeling familiar.
  • I got to talk to Pogo without too much commotion in the background. She's my crack.
  • My boys have gotten along really well today. Minimal fighting.
  • Pete and I completed the math and reading assignments I meant to do yesterday and he didn't complain. He also got the math concepts right away AND read faster than previously. Because of this stress free school session, the fact that he seems to have over active saliva glands and most of the words started with "sp" or "st" or "spl" and he "sp"otted up the table and book, didn't bother me at all.

The pessimist in me is saying, "yeah, but it's only 4pm and they don't go to bed until 9pm".

The optimist in me is saying, "ahhh, but I feel so relaxed and it's been quite awhile since I've had this euphoric feeling".

I'm going to ignore the pessimist and go vacuum or something since they are playing outside so nicely.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.