Tuesday, February 5, 2008

363

 RePete and Pete enjoyed our jaunt to the oceanfront. The boys played on their scooters while BN and I walked hand in hand and enjoyed their antics. We have lived near Virginia Beach since '96 and I can count on two hands the number of times we've gone to the beach as a family. I've taken the boys a few more times myself. We're contemplating a move in a few years and the places we are contemplating will not be oceanfront. While we were at the beach that day, I closed my eyes and breathed deeply the salt air. I've always lived near a beach and in that moment I knew I would miss that air. I would miss seeing the waves anytime I wanted. It's funny how you don't miss things until they are gone. (or almost gone)

The boys and I visited my mom and mil on our quick get-away. They live off the Potomac, and just across the water you can catch a glimpse of Maryland.


~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.