Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Shooting bird's heads off!

I never thought I'd ever hear one my children say this. I just really didn't and it caused me to spew chili on the table tonight. Not that it was hilariously funny or at least probably not to anyone else, but to me, it was something else.

Pete: "It's not like it's deer season, so he had to shoot the bird's head off."

WTF???WTF???WTF???

Our little neighbor friend hunts with his Dad and Grandpa and tells Pete all about it. We have no intention of taking him hunting or allowing him to hunt with others. We only eat chicken, turkey or fish as a meat source and you hardly need shotgun experience for that! We don't believe in hunting for sport. So our boys will never hunt while under our roof. And btw, I know a thing or two about hunting; my stepdad took us with him.
~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.