Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

What an auspicious number.

Today the boys and I took a friend and went to the beach to watch the Tidewater Veteran's Day Parade.  I laughed, I cried, I waved, I clapped and I thanked every veteran that I could.  I loved having the boys there with me and explaining what the different groups represented.  I especially enjoyed seeing my nephew lead his JROTC by calling cadence.  Great moment.

I would love to live in a world of peace and love, but until that happens, I'm proud to have served my country and I am proud of those that came before me and those that are currently serving. 

Happy Veteran's Day,
~R



2 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing! - except our parade lasted 3 freaking hours. By the end I was too tired to clap anymore. (My son and husband were marching in one of the final entries, so I enjoyed the entire 3 hour parade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    And I did not go to any parades, I worked today. But as always, I'm grateful to those who served and those who are currently serving. My brother is in uniform for another six years. He's been wearing it for 32 years now.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.