Friday, November 25, 2011

The Tree is Up

as usual.  We always put it up the day after Thanksgiving or soon thereafter if we are traveling. I'm not even sure why, but my mom always did, so now I do.

But it was delayed because after getting the durn thing put together and fluffing all the fake branches, I found out several strands of lights were out.  BN was able to get them to come on but was worried about the wiring maybe being loose and causing a fire, so down it came and off to BJs we went.

Now it's up and decorated but the rest of my house is a disaster area.  I had planned to do the trimming and get the house clean...  oh well, it's only Friday...  got plenty of time.

I thought about going out in the madness that is Black Friday, not because I need to buy any special deals but because I like being out in that mess.  Call me crazy, but I like it.  Although sitting here now, feeling tired from what little I did do today, I'm really glad I no longer BF. 

~R

3 comments:

  1. "The. Tree. Is. Up."

    GAHHHHH.

    That means your house is all clean around the edges and you are just a way better person than I am.

    ::sigh::

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami - Nah. It's only clean in a two foot clearance around the tree. The rest is severely lacking in domesticness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up with a Fireman dad - we couldn't get our tree until 2 weeks before. Any earlier and the tree would be a "fire danger" at Christmas time.

    I was always secretly jealous of people who got it the day after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to drop by.