Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Market Day

Yes, that is the best I can do.

I really need to get hopping on the Christmas ornaments the boys and I are making.  Our homeschool co-op has started a craft fair once a month and for a small donation (determined by the seller), we can have a table to sell wares.  

I thought about selling something myself but everything I make is so laborious.  Take my socks that I knit.  I would have to charge about $100 per pair based on the hours of labor.  What?? I'm a slow knitter...but a good one.  :o)  At a very minimum, they would cost $10 just to cover the yarn.  So not worth it.

My soap takes time to cure and that requires pre-planning.  Not so good with that these days.

I'm just not in the mood to mass produce anything right now, so I decided not to make anything.

Until the fair in October happened.

Someone set paper and markers out on a table for the kids to draw and one of them got the idea to sell their artwork (just like the adults).  RePete drew and sold three works of art.  He made 45 cents.

And the fever set in.

Now both boys want to have something to sell so I decided to help them make the ornaments my mom taught us to make.  They are having fun and I plan to really dress up the table for them.  Pictures to come since our sale won't be until December 1st.

~R




No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.