Monday, April 21, 2008

Burn, Baby, Burn

Well, it's that time of year when I start looking at curriculum for next year.

We've been very loosey-goosey these last two years and it's time for us to buckle down. I came across a post on a message board and the poster uses Apologia Sciences so I decided to look them up and see what they were about.

What got me was a sample module on the sun. Here's the snippet from the actual text:

Did you know that you can take a magnifying glass out into the sun and burn little holes in leaves? This works especially well during the summer when the sun is shining its light more directly upon us. When you focus the sunlight coming through the curved lens of the magnifying glass for a short period of time, it will burn a hole in the leaf.

Yeah, right! Like I'd put that dumb idea in my son's head. Can you imagine? Tomorrow, I'd be writing a post, complete with pictures of course, of our house and all of the houses on our street burning to the ground because I told my son how to start fires with a magnifying glass.

So anyway, Apologia is OUT! Next.

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to drop by.